Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sourdough Dinner Rolls

Today I am experimenting with making Sourdough dinner rolls, by request from my Dad.

So far the experiment has turned out fairly well. The dough is proofing and it looks good.

I looked at a lot of recipes online and I was getting pretty frustrated, because all the recipes I was coming across used Active or Rapid-Rise Yeast! I don't want to use yeast because I am using a sourdough starter. So the search continued. Finally I found it! A recipe for sourdough dinner rolls that didn't call for yeast, only the starter.

I found it on Sourdough Companion. I used a tiny bit more milk then what is called for and my dough looked great! 

I'll post an update about this experiment with some pictures of the finished product later.

Have a Yummy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment