Thursday, May 23, 2013

12 Egg Pound Cake

Yesterday I made a TWELVE Egg Pound Cake! Now you might think I am crazy, but I have twelve Hens and they give me LOTS of eggs, and I got tired of always making breakfast foods. Plus I don't like eating eggs all that much I really have to be in the mood for them. So I started my quest for any recipe that used a lot of eggs and I found this one.

Original Recipe from: Just a Pinch Recipes


Ingredients

1lb. Unsalted Butter, softend
3 1/2 Cups Sugar
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
12 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
4 Cups All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
 

Directions

1. In a large bowl cream butter thoroughly, gradually add sugar, beat until light and fluffy, add vanilla mix well.
2. In a medium bowl mix baking powder and salt with flour. Add 3 tablespoons flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture; beat well.
3. Add remaining flour and eggs alternating between the two until all the flour and eggs have been incorporated starting and ending with flour. 
4. Buttered and flour two 10 inch bunt pans. (I like to use a nonstick spray that already has flour in it) Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit  for 1 hour. Cakes are done when knife comes out clean from middle of cake.

This cake is very tasty and for me it is a good way to use lots of eggs without having to make breakfast food!

Have a Yummy Day,
Cera


No comments:

Post a Comment