Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Comfort Food.......

What is comfort food? That depends on who you ask and where you are.
For me comfort food is the food that I gravitate to when I feel in need of some comfort or when I want to think of a good memory.
My all time comfort food is fresh baked bread hot from the oven smothered in real butter. This makes me feel good and warm. It's not the best thing to eat all the time, but that's why it's a special comfort food.
Sugar Cookies are one of my Memory food's. I have fond memories of waking up early and going to Grandma's house in November and baking tons of yummy sugar cookies for the Christmas parties in December. My job's at these cookie baking marathons were to crack the eggs with out getting any shells in the bowl, and frosting the cookies with red or green frosting, and green and red sprinkles. The best party about making all these cookies was we got to eat some of them while we spent time with our family.
So as the weather gets colder and we start to make our Winter Comfort foods, remember to make good memories with new favorites and to ponder about past memories with old favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment